What does New Milford Department of Public Works do?
Learn how our Professional Staff uses technology and a bit of muscle to keep our roads and public spaces in tip-top condition!
- Single Chip Seal: A thin preventive maintenance overlay consisting of a heavy spray application of asphalt emulsion followed by a single layer of clean, uniform sized crushed stone.
- Double Chip Seal: Two layers of single chip seal applied one immediately after another.
- When necessary to provide a skid resistant wearing course with a minimal change to pavement elevation.
- For roadways showing early signs of deterioration with low severity cracking, raveling, or rutting.
- To correct oxidation issues of existing pavements in good condition.
- Seals the pavement from intrusion of water and reduces oxidation and weathering of the surface.
- Most cost-effective method to address raveling, correct bleeding and flushing problems, improve skid resistance, and generally extend the pavement life.
- Double seals provide a strong solution for a distressed pavement in lieu of removing and replacing.
- An inexpensive, cost effective pavement preservation treatment where a light application of diluted emulsion is applied to pavement surfaces which slows caused by environmental factors such as sunlight and thermal variations.
- For use on pavements that are oxidized and in need of rejuvenation.
- Ideal for sealing a new chip seal, FiberMat®, CIPR, or cold mix paving project.
- Recommended as a pretreatment for porous surfaces that need to be prepared for an overlay.
- Fog sealed surfaces will add aesthetics, alleviate raveling, and seal minor cracks.
- Fog sealing promotes adhesion as a pretreatment on all pavements.
- Slows the deterioration of pavement surfaces caused by environmental factors such as sunlight and thermal variations.